Tuesday 3 February 2015

This could actually be a food blog.

Food, food, food, food, food.

So far, so good. Friday I went out for tapas and drinks with the girls from work. We went to a tapas bar called Perro Viejo, which I was told is what you'd call a wisened, probably older man who seems like he's been around the block a few times. The restaurant was so hipster I didn't even need a filter when I instagrammed this photo.


We dug in before any proper pictures could be taken, but we had several dishes I couldn't tell possibly tell you the names of in Spanish including breaded pork (I think? I have no idea), potatoes in a marina and white sauce, leeks in a creamy sauce, white fish with marscapone, and black wild rice that was probably the most delicious thing I've ever tasted.

I started my day off today with a cinnamon-apple cupcake with cream cheese frosting from a bakery called Ofelia's right down the street from work. Gaffe of the day: asking a co-worker how to order and getting "He speaks English...and it's just 'cupcake,'" in response. Oh. Right. Woops.




For lunch, everyone in the office went out together to a self proclaimed "American-style" restaurant. We ate nachos and cheese fries and had the most delicious burgers. I was so stuffed that I didn't even bother to eat dinner tonight, I still wasn't hungry. I don't know if I'll ever be hungry again (that's a lie).




I can totally (mostly) justify all the eating, though, because I've been walking an average of about 14,000 steps every day since I've been here - that's almost 6 miles. I'm exhausted, like, all the time, but that's definitely going to change soon because - drumroll, please - I signed the lease on my first big girl apartment today (and in Spanish, no less).

It's a beautiful little studio apartment in the center of the city about ten minutes from where I'm working (a far cry from the 40 minute commute I'm making now).




I'm in love. With Sevilla, with the food, with my job, with my new apartment. Absolutely in love.

(Also, shout out to one of my co-workers who patiently explained to me multiple times what all the different kinds of sheets and pillowcases were called in Spanish. Right now that is all that is in the new apartment. Sheets and pillowcases. #highroller)

2 comments:

  1. We all knew that you would love it there! Looks wonderful. There is nothing better than a cupcake for breakfast!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were chunks of apple in it, so I would totally consider it a breakfast food. Haha.

      Delete